Monday, January 29, 2007

A Quick Update

OB/GYN is going skiing.
No sign of the doors for the baby room.
No names yet.
Car seat installed.

Or - Jo is ready, the rest of us are woefully not. I am trying to convince her to sit with her legs tightly crossed. Her OB (as he heads for the slopes) serves up cheerful expressions like "any day now".

Jo asked me to teach the Universal Remote in her car to open the garage doors. This took some doing, but after a break for soccer and a few insecure moments, I had it done. For a while, a single button in the car opened both garage doors, but soon all was good. Turns out that our garage doors are equipped with a secret button that needs to be pressed to facilitate the transfer of secret codes between remotes. This is meant to thwart the Jiffy Lube guy from learning everyone's garage door codes and then later having one big garage sale.

Jo tells me that I am slacking off. She is stuck doing everything for the baby - reading breastfeeding and birthing books, assembling furniture, buying onesies by the caseload - all by herself (btw, "onesies" ain't in m-w.com). I thought she was doing all that stuff because she liked to. I tried to counter with the Universal Remote Project - a complex task that I had completed all on my own. She didn't buy that.

I feel like I am already being a bad parent. Time to shape up.

No comments:

Post a Comment